Fizika offers educators, community leaders and parents proven techniques and tools to engage learners through physical movement and creative play, in order to seed a lifetime of learning through healthy habits.
Fizika provides professional development, consulting and training that applies proven neuroscience concepts to the process of learning. Our products provide the tools for educators to strategically improve the effectiveness of their teaching and their culture of learning.
Fizika Group was founded in 2009 by two partners with extensive experience in health and physical education – Martha Lester Harris, MPA and Michael J. Cordier, HED. The company was formed through their shared passion to enhance health and physical literacy and prepare students for learning.
For more information on why Fizika was formed, view this video:
Martha Lester Harris, MPA – Founder, President & CEO
- 2015 – Layman Award presented by the Pennsylvania State Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance for “meritorious and unselfish service to the profession.
- 2011-2012 – Advisor to the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition helping to create a long term action plan and resources for the “I Can Do It, You Can Do It” program of physical activity for severely challenged students and young adults
- 2009 – Present – Owner, Fizika Group, LLC
- 2005 – Recognized by Governor Ed and First Lady Midge Rendell as a Distinguished Daughter of Pennsylvania For a listing of all Distinguished Daughters, click here
- 2000 – 2009 – Founder, Vice Chair, President/CEO InnerLink, Inc. a developer of web based solutions for health education, physical education and student health records. Led the development of HealtheToolsforSchools, a secure portal for coordinated school health in Pennsylvania.
- 1981-2000 – Public/private positions at the regional, state and national levels in the fields of international trade, economic and workforce development. Martha worked for two governors of Pennsylvania (Dick Thornburgh and Tom Ridge) and the late US Senator John Heinz (R-PA).
- 1977 – 1981 – WHP-AM-FM-TV, Harrisburg, PA – Martha was an on-air news correspondent, anchor and assignment editor.
- BA – 1977 English and Theatre – Dickinson College, Carlisle PA
- MPA – 1987 Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
- 1994 – Certificate in Entrepreneurial Management, Carnegie Mellon University
- Martha’s profile on LinkedIn
Dale A. Hamby, MBA – Chief Solutions Officer
- 2015 – Present – Adjunct Professor, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology, Lancaster, PA
- 2015- 16 – Executive Director, Workforce Development Board, Lancaster, PA
- 2013-15 – Special Assistant to the PA Secretary of Education, Harrisburg, PA
- 2012-13 – Associate Vice President, Harrisburg University, Harrisburg, PA
- 2010-12 – Branch Chief, Defense Security Service, Quantico, VA
- 1998-2008 – High School Teacher – Math, Physics and numerous STEM-related courses
- 1995-98 – President/Owner, GeoImage Technologies, Burke, VA
- 1978-93 – Extensive experience as an Army Intelligence Officer,Finance and Administration, satellite imagery and cybersecurity
- BS – Engineering – United States Military Academy, West Point, NY
- BGS – Computer Systems Analysis – Roosevelt University, Honolulu, HI
- MBA – Harvard Business School, Cambridge, MA
- Dale’s Profile on LinkedIn
Kathryn Harris – Digital Media Specialist
- 2015 B.A., Communications Alvernia University, Reading, PA
- She is interested in all things digital, check out her work @ #digakat
- She helps produce Fizika’s Energy4Learning newsletter and keeps track of our expanding network of contacts.
- As Digital Media Specialist, Kathryn shoots and edits video and photographs to help tell the story of how active learning specialists are keeping students engaged in learning through physical movement and creative play.
- Kathyrn’s Profile on LinkedIn