7 in 10 mothers are now working. A 2008 Pew Study found that 3 out of 4 working fathers and close to 9 in 10 working mothers experience significant amounts of stress balancing the demands of work and family. Plus kids have even more activities in the evenings then ever before. Parents are running themselves crazy driving from day care to soccer practice, work to karate lessons. Who has time to cook – let alone time to cook a nutritious meal the kids will actually eat?
We all know how important it is for growing children and teens to get the right nutrition their brains and bodies need for optimum development. But, in today’s crazy busy world, how do we find the time?
Fizika understands. Here are some tips to help:
- Make a menu for the work week. Have the kids help you make the list and plan out a thorough list of what you’ll need at the food store to minimize trips to the store.
- Have the kids help you at the food store. It’ll go faster and the kids will feel more involved in the process.
- Involve the kids in helping to prepare the meals, they’ll complain less and appreciate the meals more! You can even assign a night for each child to help prepare the meal.
- And don’t forget to enlist the help of your kids when it comes time to cleaning up after dinner too!
- For some quick and healthy recipe ideas, check out www.choosemyplate.gov